Updated with disclosure of investor's position in Amarin. BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The Biotech Stock Mailbag is open.
Some of you were unhappy with my ASCO coverage of Keryx Pharmaceuticals (KERX), believing there was no point in focusing on the failed phase III study of perifosine in colon cancer since the company had already dropped the drug to focus R&D efforts on the iron-based phosphate binder Zerenex for chronic kidney disease.
SL writes, "Adam, I don't like your style, you are again dancing on graves. In oncology, negative outcome is almost as valuable as positive ones because now scientists know for sure that perifosine is not the right way to fight against this terrible disease. We should be thankful for those investors, investigators and patients who made the X-PECT trial possible."
Sim says, "Old story of perifosine -- why is it still mentioned in this latest report??? KERX had returned its rights and gave it up to Aeterna Zentaris (AEZS)."Doug M. writes, "Nice hatchet job on Keryx. What could possibly motivate you to mention negative information from the past with a heading of "Keryx" and "Very Bad"? Oh, I wonder. How does a guy like you sleep at night and look yourself in the mirror in the morning?" Guy says, "Man, you are an ugly
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV