Pall Corporation (PLL) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Pall Corporation fell $2.34 (-4.3%) to $52.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.9 million shares of Pall Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 878,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.13-$52.63 after having opened the day at $51.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.63. Other company's within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Wuhan General Group (WUHN), down 12.9%, Bonso Electronics International (BNSO), down 10.3%, Exide Technologies (XIDE), down 5.8%, and Manitex International (MNTX), down 5.6%. Pall Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets filtration, purification, and separation products and integrated systems solutions worldwide. Pall Corporation has a market cap of $6.32 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Pall Corporation a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Pall Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Pall Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PLL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV