Leucadia National Corporation (LUK): Today's Featured Conglomerates Loser
Leucadia National Corporation (LUK) pushed the Conglomerates sector lower today making it today's featured Conglomerates loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Leucadia National Corporation fell 15 cents (-0.7%) to $20.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 973,513 shares of Leucadia National Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.41-$21.12 after having opened the day at $20.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.66. Another company within the Conglomerates sector that decreased today was MGT Capital Investments (MGT), down 9.6%. Leucadia National Corporation engages in beef processing, manufacturing, land based contract oil and gas drilling, gaming entertainment, real estate activities, medical product development, and winery operations in the United States and internationally. Leucadia National Corporation has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the conglomerates industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, above the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio of 9.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Leucadia National Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Leucadia Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV