First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): Today's Featured Banking Loser
First Niagara Financial Group (FNFG) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, First Niagara Financial Group fell 10 cents (-1.2%) to $7.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of First Niagara Financial Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.88-$8.09 after having opened the day at $8.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.98. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Carver Bancorp (CARV), down 11.7%, Porter Bancorp (PBIB), down 7.8%, Hampton Roads Bankshares (HMPR), down 6.4%, and Jacksonville Bancorp Inc (FL (JAXB), down 6.3%. First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. operates as the holding company for First Niagara Bank, N.A. that provides retail and commercial banking, and other financial services to individuals, families, and businesses. First Niagara Financial Group has a market cap of $2.76 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 13 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate First Niagara Financial Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates First Niagara Financial Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full First Niagara Financial Group Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV