Telefonica Brasil S.A. (VIV): Today's Featured Technology Winner
Telefonica Brasil S.A (VIV) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Telefonica Brasil S.A rose 38 cents (1.6%) to $23.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Telefonica Brasil S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.59-$23.99 after having opened the day at $23.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.45. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Hoku (HOKU), up 45.8%, eOn Communications Corporation (EONC), up 15.8%, Parametric Sound (PAMT), up 15.4%, and Identive Group (INVE), up 14.5%. Telefonica Brasil, S.A. provides fixed-line telecommunications services to residential and commercial customers in the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Telefonica Brasil S.A has a market cap of $26.66 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.5, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 9.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Telefonica Brasil S.A a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica Brasil S.A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Telefonica Brasil S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV