Blue Nile (NILE) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Blue Nile rose 19 cents (0.6%) to $33.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 197,032 shares of Blue Nile exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 275,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.01-$33.96 after having opened the day at $33.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.19. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: TravelCenters of America (TA), up 14.7%, iParty Corporation (IPT), up 5%, Birks & Mayors (BMJ), up 3.3%, and CSS Industries (CSS), up 2.9%. Blue Nile, Inc. operates as an online retailer of diamonds and fine jewelry worldwide. Its fine jewelry selection includes diamond, gemstone, platinum, gold, pearl and sterling silver jewelry, and accessories, as well as wedding bands, earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets, and watches. Blue Nile has a market cap of $439.1 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 51.2, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 22.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Blue Nile a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Blue Nile as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Blue Nile Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NILE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV