Brazilian Distribution Company (CBD) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Brazilian Distribution Company rose 21 cents (0.6%) to $38.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 326,062 shares of Brazilian Distribution Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 607,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.96-$39.09 after having opened the day at $39.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.99. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Builders FirstSource (BLDR), up 7.9%, Alon Holdings Blue Square - Israel (BSI), up 5.4%, U.S. Auto Parts Network (PRTS), up 4.1%, and Tuesday Morning Corporation (TUES), up 3.9%. Companhia Brasileira de Distribuic o engages in the retail of food and non-food products to individual consumers through its chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, specialized and department stores, and the Internet. Brazilian Distribution Company has a market cap of $9.86 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.5, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 25.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Brazilian Distribution Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brazilian Distribution Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Brazilian Distribution Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CBD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV