Dover Corporation (DOV) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Dover Corporation rose 69 cents (1.2%) to $56.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Dover Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.14-$57.40 after having opened the day at $56.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.74. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Cleantech Solutions International (CLNT), up 13.8%, NF Energy Saving (NFEC), up 11.7%, Gafisa (GFA), up 9.2%, and Valence Technology (VLNC), up 8.9%. Dover Corporation manufactures and sells industrial products and components, and consumables. The company operates in four segments: Industrial Products, Engineered Systems, Fluid Management, and Electronic Technologies. Dover Corporation has a market cap of $10 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.8, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 11.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Dover Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dover Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Dover Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DOV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV