C.R. Bard Inc. (BCR): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
C.R. Bard (BCR) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, C.R. Bard rose 87 cents (0.9%) to $98.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 609,231 shares of C.R. Bard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 563,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $98.27-$98.93 after having opened the day at $98.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.68. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Dynacq Healthcare (DYII), up 124.4%, D Medical Industries (DMED), up 28.6%, LCA-Vision (LCAV), up 11.9%, and Cantel Medical Corporation (CMN), up 10.9%. C. R. Bard, Inc. and its subsidiaries design, manufacture, package, distribute, and sell medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. C.R. Bard has a market cap of $8.09 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.4, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate C.R. Bard a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates C.R. Bard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full C.R. Bard Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV