Amphenol Corp (APH): Today's Featured Electronics Winner
Amphenol (APH) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Amphenol rose 40 cents (0.7%) to $54.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 742,249 shares of Amphenol exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 879,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.37-$55.24 after having opened the day at $54.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.15. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Hoku (HOKU), up 45.8%, Vitesse Semiconductor (VTSS), up 13.6%, Trio-Tech International (TRT), up 8.6%, and Applied Biosystems Incorporated (ABI), up 7.4%. Amphenol Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets electrical, electronic, and fiber optic connectors; interconnect systems; and coaxial and specialty cables worldwide. Amphenol has a market cap of $8.63 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.2, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Amphenol a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Amphenol as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Amphenol Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV