Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras (PBR): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras (PBR) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras rose 20 cents (1%) to $20.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15.7 million shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20-$20.60 after having opened the day at $20.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.90. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: GeoMet (GMET), up 87%, Augusta Resource Corporation (AZC), up 9.1%, China Precision Steel (CPSL), up 8.9%, and Midstates Petroleum (MPO), up 7.3%. Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. primarily engages in oil and natural gas exploration and production, refining, trade, and transportation businesses. Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras has a market cap of $127.71 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.4, above the average energy industry P/E ratio of 5.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 20.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV