Pain Therapeutics (PTIE)
This is a biopharmaceutical company that develops drugs. Pain Therapeutics has four drug candidates in clinical programs, including REMOXY, abuse-resistant hydromorphone, abuse-resistant hydrocodone and a radio-labeled monoclonal antibody to treat metastatic melanoma. This stock is trading up 4.4% to $4.05 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.83-$4.06
52-week Range: $3.28-$9.86
Three-Month Average Volume: 173,002
Look for PTIE to sustain a move or close over those levels with volume that's near or above 173,002 shares. If we get that action soon, then PTIE could easily re-test its 2012 high of $4.53, or its next significant overhead resistance level at $4.84. Keep in mind, that PTIE will need to sustain a trend above its 200-day at $4.07 with strong volume, to give it a chance at making that larger move. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV