Celadon Trucking Services, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Celadon Group, Inc. (NYSE:CGI) announced today that it has agreed to purchase a portion of the operating equipment of Hiner Transport, LLC. (“Hiner”), based in Huntington, IN. The terms and conditions of the transaction were not disclosed.
“As with previous acquisitions, the Hiner deal provides quality customer gains, incremental density in key traffic lanes, and access to an experienced driver pool”, stated Paul Will, President and COO. “Hiner had a solid, core group of customers and drivers, and we expect to fully integrate these groups within our operations in a prompt, efficient manner. Further, we are extremely confident in our ability to enhance the service to Hiner’s former customers with our upgraded equipment fleet, additional capacity, leading edge technology, and outstanding safety record."
Celadon Group Inc. ( www.celadongroup.com), through its subsidiaries, provides long-haul and regional full-truckload freight service across the United States, Canada and Mexico. The company also owns Celadon Logistics Services, which provides freight brokerage services, less-than-truckload services, as well as supply chain management solutions, including warehousing and dedicated fleet services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV