Today, members of the National Fuel Gas Company (“National Fuel” or the “Company”) (NYSE: NFG) Board of Directors approved a 2.8 percent increase in the dividend on the Company’s common stock, raising the quarterly rate from 35.5 cents per share as approved in June 2011 to 36.5 cents per share for an annual rate of $1.46 per share.
“Our approach to doing business has delivered solid financial results for more than a century, despite economic uncertainties, changing market dynamics and, more recently, record low natural gas prices,” said David F. Smith, Chairman and CEO of National Fuel. “We have achieved our 110 th year of consecutive dividend payments and our 42 nd year of increasing dividends. Few corporations can match our dividend record, which we believe reflects National Fuel’s commitment to long-term shareholder value.”
This dividend is payable July 13, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 29, 2012. The Company has approximately 83.2 million shares of common stock outstanding. It has no preferred stock outstanding.
National Fuel is an integrated energy company with $5.8 billion in
assets comprised of the following four operating segments: Exploration
and Production, Pipeline and Storage, Utility, and Energy Marketing.
Additional information about National Fuel is available at
or through its investor information service at 1-800-334-2188.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV