As a key advisor to London, Jones Lang LaSalle considered environmental and economic sustainability in assessing the viability of residential and sports sites and post-Olympics commercial and civic uses for sites in support of London's Olympic bid. The firm has also been named leasing agent of some post-Olympics properties.
"Even as the world's attention is on London and the 2012 Olympics, Rio de Janeiro is planning even greater levels of sustainability for the 2016 Games, including higher levels of renewable energy, extensive bike paths connecting Olympic venues and a goal of 100 percent biodiesel fuel by 2016," Probst said. "The future of the Olympics, like the future of cities themselves, includes an ever-increasing focus on sustainable development."
The green Olympics report is featured on the latest edition of Jones Lang LaSalle's Global Sustainability Perspectives, along with articles such as:
- Eco Cities: Inspiration and Aspiration; how the "Eco City" vision is influencing the way cities are planned, built, lived and worked in.
- Investing in Cities: Real Estate and Climate Change; what real estate investors know and don't know about climate change
- Paris: The City of Light Goes Electric; an innovative electric vehicle sharing program
- US: Greener Logistics Patterns; how changes at seaports and inland logistics hubs are helping the United States become more sustainable
- Introducing Sustainability Transparency; a new Index tracking transparency of sustainability related issues
About Jones Lang LaSalleJones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company's investment management business, is one of the world's largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.2 billion of assets under management. For further information, please visit www.joneslanglasalle.com.SOURCE Jones Lang LaSalle
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV