"We believe Sherwin fundamentals are tracking well based on demand recovery in US architectural coatings and prospects for ongoing margin restoration, aided by raw material cost relief," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report Wednesday. "With below-average exposure to Europe, Asia, and related FX risk, earnings growth is resilient, so SHW shares could continue to attract capital, especially if "risk-off" market dynamics persist."
Shares of Sherwin-Williams hit a 52-week high on Thursday of $130.75. The stock's 52-week low of $69.47 was set on Aug. 19.Sherwin-Williams trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio of 24.63; the average of its peers is 14.5. For comparison, Valspar (VAL) has a lower forward P/E of 15.98. Ten of the 16 analysts who cover Sherwin-Williams rated it hold. Three analysts gave the stock a buy rating and another three rated it sell. The stock has risen 46.63% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV