"We believe Sherwin fundamentals are tracking well based on demand recovery in US architectural coatings and prospects for ongoing margin restoration, aided by raw material cost relief," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report Wednesday. "With below-average exposure to Europe, Asia, and related FX risk, earnings growth is resilient, so SHW shares could continue to attract capital, especially if "risk-off" market dynamics persist."
Shares of Sherwin-Williams hit a 52-week high on Thursday of $130.75. The stock's 52-week low of $69.47 was set on Aug. 19.Sherwin-Williams trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio of 24.63; the average of its peers is 14.5. For comparison, Valspar (VAL) has a lower forward P/E of 15.98. Ten of the 16 analysts who cover Sherwin-Williams rated it hold. Three analysts gave the stock a buy rating and another three rated it sell. The stock has risen 46.63% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV