Bank of America
Banking giant Bank of America (BAC) is making technical moves of its own right now. Shares are up big in early trading after rallying more than 7.6% in yesterday's trading session - and higher ground could be a regular occurrence in the near-term for shareholders of this controversial stock. Here's why...
Bank of America had been forming a short-term double-bottom pattern for the past couple of weeks, indicating that the downtrend shares have been in since March is reversing. Wednesday's massive white candle shoved BofA's price up above the breakout level for the pattern, giving traders a buy signal for shares this morning.RSI is confirming the upside move again in BAC; the momentum indicator's downtrend broke a couple of weeks ago, starting on an uptrend as the double-bottom formed in price action. If you decide to go long Bank of America here, I'd recommend keeping a protective stop below the pattern at $6.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV