NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- If you have been watching the stock market over the past several weeks, you've noticed Wall Street is not happy -- and for that matter neither am I. However, it's for two separate reasons.
Lately investors have become too skittish for my taste and seemingly have little understanding of what is really going on in the market. As Wall Street continues to appear on edge and wanting to punish anything that moves, I wonder how is it possible that the Dow can be down for the year as corporate profits everywhere appear to be on the rise? It doesn't make sense and shows that Wall Street lacks understanding on how to properly appraise value.
Be that as it may, one person's trash is another person's treasure, or as Buffett like to say, be greedy while others are fearful. So in my bargain-hunting mode, I have started to look for a few names that have become significantly discounted from their true potential. Not only do these companies offer considerable amount of value, but they present excellent margins of safety while also offering excellent yields.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV