Obama's Funds in May Jump 37%
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Barack Obama raised $60 million in May, a decided improvement from April.
The president and multiple Democratic committees received just $43.6 million in April, which was a more than a 20% decrease from March.
"More than 572,000 people donated to #Obama2012 in May--and more than 147,000 of them were giving for the first time," the campaign announced through Obama's Twitter account.The campaign said 98% of its donations amounted to less than $250 and that the average person gave $54.94. Through May, some 2.2 million people have donated to Obama's re-election, the campaign tweeted. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV