In corporate news, Men's Wearhouse (MW), the specialty retailer, on Wednesday forecast earnings of $2.70 to $2.78 a share for the full year, below analysts' expectation of $2.80 a share. For the second quarter ending in July, Men's Wearhouse said it sees earnings of $1.12 to $1.13 a share vs. the current consensus view of $1.22 a share. Shares plunged 19%.
Heavy truck maker Navistar International (NAV) reported second-quarter loss of $2.50 a share as revenue fell 2% to $3.3 billion and the company lowered forecasts for 2012 adjusted earnings to between breakeven and $2 a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected second-quarter earnings of 67 cents a share on revenue of $3.6 billion, and a full-year profit of $3.73 a share. Shares tumbled 14%.
Lululemon Athletica (LULU) reported first-quarter earnings of $46.6 million, or 32 cents a share, up from year-earlier earnings of $33.4 million, or 23 cents a share. The athletic wear retailer posted first-quarter revenue of $285.7 million. Analysts, on average, anticipated first-quarter earnings of 30 cents a share on revenue of $270.9 million. Shares sank nearly 9%.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV