REDMOND, Wash., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In need of a solution to better manage the 80 computers at its headquarters, Hungarian event management and marketing company Max & Future has deployed Windows Intune, Microsoft's cloud-based management system. As a result, the company saw an immediate increase in security and a marked decrease in support calls as well as hardware and licensing costs.
"We didn't want computers malfunctioning onsite. This could cause long registration queues and reflect poorly on our company," said Eszter Ory, general manager at Max & Future. "Windows Intune delivers huge business benefits. It saves us money, simplifies PC management, and enables staff to deliver optimal services at event sites, call centers and in the office."
Since deployment, Max & Future has reduced IT costs thanks to the integrated PC management, malware protection and remote assistance capabilities of Windows Intune. The company also now spends less time ensuring that all employees are using updated computers and has noticed an improvement in reliability."I spent 30 percent of my time performing manual computer management tasks, including traveling to call centers and event sites to provide support for the 15 employees who work routinely in the field," said Laszlo Bartfai, IT manager at Max & Future. "I could never be sure that all the computers were up to date." Ory and Bartfai were first introduced to Windows Intune at a Microsoft event that Max & Future produced. In November 2011, Max & Future remotely deployed Windows Intune to all 80 computers using Active Directory Domain Services and Group Policy, two integral features of Windows Server 2008. The ease of deployment impressed the company's managers. With the Microsoft solution, Max & Future is able to achieve the following:
- Reduced IT costs. Max & Future used Windows Intune capabilities, such as PC management, malware protection and remote assistance, to retire redundant third-party tools, repurpose hardware and reduce costs.
- Simplified PC management. Max & Future needs less time to ensure that all employees are using updated computers with malware protection.
- Increased PC reliability. Windows Intune provides a very efficient malware detection engine, so computers are increasingly secure and subsequently more reliable. Support calls are down from three or four per day to none. With more reliable computers and fewer interruptions, employees are able to get more work done.
- Improved inventory boosts security. Previously, creating and monitoring software and hardware inventory required a week to complete. Now that information is available instantly in the administration console.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV