OCEANPORT, N.J., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- CommVault today announced that its Simpana® 9 data and information management software platform is fully compatible with Microsoft Corp.'s newly released SQL Server 2012 Data platform with support for SQL Server's advanced high availability and disaster recovery solutions across physical, virtual and cloud environments. CommVault's Solving Forward® philosophy delivers a single software platform that protects data and applications from the back office to the end-point device to increase efficiency, cut costs and reduce risk.
SQL Server 2012 is a comprehensive database platform offering a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help organizations derive business value from data and information at the lowest total-cost-of-ownership. Simpana software's integration with SQL Server gives customers the highest levels of performance, availability, and security through integrated data management, protection and retention to eliminate risk, reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- CommVault Simpana software enables customers to quickly back-up, recover, replicate and manage SQL Server data without the cost and complexity of managing disparate products or tools.
- Simpana SnapProtect® snapshot management technology tightly integrates SQL Server 2012 with array-based snapshots to deliver application consistent recovery copies across physical or virtual environments with seamless backup to cost effective storage for long-term retention. Centralized management and reporting from a single console reduces complexity while automated scheduling and discovery of SQL instances enables scalable protection.
- Simpana software also supports SQL Server 2012's "AlwaysOn" technology, Microsoft's new high availability and disaster recovery solution that provides redundancy within and across data centers to help enable fast application failover during planned and unplanned downtime.
- Recognized as 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year, CommVault is committed to helping joint customers better manage data in the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft File Servers, SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V virtualization — both on-premises and in the Windows Azure cloud.
- CommVault will be demonstrating its Simpana 9 Singular Data and Information Management solution at Microsoft TechEd North America 2012, June 11 - 14, 2012, in booth #319 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
- Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist for Windows Products, CommVault"CommVault's strategic alliance with Microsoft continues to evolve and expand as both companies work closely to meet and exceed the data and information management needs of our customers. CommVault customers can deploy SQL Server 2012 with confidence knowing that Simpana 9 provides fully integrated data protection and advanced information management in SQL Server environments right out of the gate."
- Bob Baker, Director Partner, SQL Server Channel Marketing, Microsoft"CommVault has a long-standing history of collaboration with Microsoft and continues to help customers increase the business and technical value of their data solutions. We are excited that our joint customers can benefit from the new features of SQL Server 2012 with CommVault's tools."
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
- More on CommVault and Microsoft SQL Server
- More on CommVault and Microsoft
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
- Join CommVault PartnerAdvantage on LinkedIn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV