BENTONVILLE, Ark., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Attention, Spider-Man™ fans! Weeks before the release of the highly anticipated summer movie The Amazing Spider-Man, in theaters July 3, Walmart, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Marvel Entertainment have teamed up for an unprecedented partnership to offer customers the ultimate Spider-Man experience at Walmart stores nationwide.
Throughout the month of June, movie fans will be able to experience, purchase and access the following exclusive offerings at Walmart:
- World Premiere of Never-Before-Seen Footage from The Amazing Spider-Man: Walmart will unveil a never–before-seen movie scene on its in-store broadcast network at 12:01 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. local time on June 15 and June 16.
- The Amazing Spider-Man Comic Book with Exclusive Sneak Peek Combo Pack: Available on June 15 for only $2.96, the combo pack includes a collectible reproduction of "The Amazing Spider-Man #6" comic book that features the first appearance of The Lizard, behind the scenes footage from The Amazing Spider-Man, a never-before-seen scene from the film, a first look at the Activision Spider-Man video game and a bonus augmented reality (AR) activation when using our "Web-slinger" app.
- Customized Spider-Man Trucks: The Amazing Spider-Man Secrets Unmasked Tour will visit approximately 1,000 Walmart stores. At each location, customers will receive an advanced demo of The Amazing Spider-Man video game and Spider-Man Bonkazonks from Hasbro. The tour will also include: Sony PS3 gaming consoles, HP photo centers, Kellogg's tasting center, Straight Talk Wireless demos and a climbing wall, at select locations. The tour schedule can be found at: www.walmart.com/Spider-Man.
- Exclusive "Web-Slinger" Augmented Reality App: The "Web-Slinger" AR mobile app – available at the iTunes App Store or Android Market starting June 15 – enables customers to take photos with a life-size Spider-Man and unlock levels and weapons at multiple locations within the store starting June 26. Unlock locations include Kellogg's Cheez-It & Pop-Tarts displays in grocery, the Straight Talk Wireless section in electronics, signage in toys and boys apparel. Fans can also engage in the AR experience during the "Secrets Unmasked Tour," where Spider-Man and The Lizard come to life on the top of the truck.
"We're always looking for ways to bring innovative technology, exclusive content and interactive events to our customers," said Seong Ohm, senior vice president and general merchandise manager for entertainment, Walmart U.S. "Movie fans can rest assured that Walmart will have the broadest assortment of the Super Hero products they want – from special-edition movie releases to toys, food and apparel – all at an amazing low price.""We're thrilled to partner with the world's biggest retailer to promote this much-anticipated film. We couldn't be more excited to be working with Walmart and Marvel on this groundbreaking and innovative promotional campaign," said Lexine Wong, Senior Executive Vice President, Worldwide Marketing, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. "With the scope of Walmart's North American distribution network, Sony Pictures is assured of having the broadest consumer reach on Blu-ray and in the digital arena." Available now in Walmart stores across the U.S., customers can purchase more than 1,000 The Amazing Spider-Man licensed products from action figures and t-shirts to video games and home decor. A few items include, The Amazing Spider-Man:
- Electronic Action Figure (Marvel/Hasbro) – $15.97
- Hero FX Mask (Marvel/Hasbro) – $19.97
- Hero FX Glove (Marvel/Hasbro) – $14.96
- Boys and Young Men's tees: $6.97 - $7.50
- Twin Sheet Set and Twin/Full Comforter: $15.88 - $26.88
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV