SUPERVALU (SVU) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.3%. By the end of trading, SUPERVALU fell 4 cents (-0.8%) to $4.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of SUPERVALU exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.45-$4.66 after having opened the day at $4.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.53. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), down 11.8%, PokerTek (PTEK), down 11.3%, NTN Buzztime (NTN), down 11.2%, and Conn's (CONN), down 10.8%. SUPERVALU INC., together with its subsidiaries, operates retail and wholesale food stores in the United States. SUPERVALU has a market cap of $933.9 million and is part of the retail industry. Shares are down 44.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate SUPERVALU a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SUPERVALU as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full SUPERVALU Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SVU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV