Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.3%. By the end of trading, Alpha Natural Resources fell 55 cents (-5.4%) to $9.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 18.1 million shares of Alpha Natural Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.60-$10.53 after having opened the day at $10.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.27. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Pacific Booker Minerals (PBM), down 8%, Aurizon Mines (AZK), down 5.5%, International Tower Hill Mines (THM), down 5.2%, and Nevsun Resources (NSU), down 4.8%. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in producing, processing, and selling steam and metallurgical coal in the United States. The company has mining operations in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Wyoming. Alpha Natural Resources has a market cap of $2.23 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 50.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Alpha Natural Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Alpha Natural Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Alpha Natural Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ANR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV