Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Select Comfort Corporation fell $5.32 (-20.5%) to $20.61 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12.2 million shares of Select Comfort Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.64-$22.51 after having opened the day at $19.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.93. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: House of Taylor Jewelry Incorporated (HOTJ), down 86.7%, Tempur-Pedic International (TPX), down 48.7%, Mattress Firm (MFRM), down 20.7%, and ATC Venture Group (ATC), down 20.4%. Select Comfort Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, distribution, and retail of adjustable-firmness mattresses and other sleep-related products primarily in the United States and Canada. Select Comfort Corporation has a market cap of $1.46 billion and is part of the consumer durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.2, above the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 22 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Select Comfort Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Select Comfort Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Select Comfort Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SCSS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV