Viasat Inc (VSAT): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
Viasat (VSAT) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.5%. By the end of trading, Viasat fell 65 cents (-1.6%) to $40.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 418,007 shares of Viasat exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 226,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.37-$41.57 after having opened the day at $41.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.05. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Frontier Communications Corp Class B (FTR), down 6.1%, Ditech Networks Corporation (DITC), down 4.7%, Iteris (ITI), down 4.2%, and RIT Technologies (RITT), down 3.9%. ViaSat, Inc. designs, produces, and markets satellite and other wireless communication, and networking systems for government and commercial customers. Viasat has a market cap of $1.75 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 238.2, equal to the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Viasat a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Viasat as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Viasat Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV