The Valspar Corporation (NYSE:VAL) today announced that its Board of Directors elected Gary E. Hendrickson, Valspar’s president and chief executive officer, to the additional role of chairman of the board, effective immediately. Hendrickson succeeds William L. Mansfield, who is retiring from the Board of Directors after serving as chairman since August 2007, as chief executive officer from 2005 to 2011 and as president from 2005 to 2008.
“Gary’s proven leadership, deep understanding of the coatings industry and his vision for Valspar’s long-term growth make him uniquely qualified to lead our Board,” said Jeffrey H. Curler, chair of the Board’s nominating and governance committee and the company’s lead director. “His appointment completes the transition plan we have had in place since Gary became CEO a year ago. We thank Bill for his many contributions to Valspar and wish him well in his retirement.”
Hendrickson has served as president and as chief executive officer since June 2011. Prior to becoming CEO, he was Valspar’s president and chief operating officer for three years. Hendrickson joined Valspar’s packaging business in 1994 and has held a variety of senior leadership roles, including group vice president, Global Wood Coatings, president, Valspar Asia Pacific and senior vice president for Valspar's Consumer business. He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Connecticut and an MBA from Harvard University.
About The Valspar Corporation
Corporation (NYSE: VAL) is a global leader in the paint and coatings
industry. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers
the latest innovations, the finest quality and the best customer service
in the coatings industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV