Runners From Around the U.S. Compete for
$25,000 Prize Purse
PITTSBURGH, June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNC), the nation's largest specialty retailer of health, wellness and sports nutrition products, is proud to partner with Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc. to host the first annual GNC Liberty Mile – expected to be the third largest competitive, one-mile road race in the U.S, where world-class milers will compete for a $25,000 prize purse with both the male and female winners taking home $4000 each.
"For years, GNC has been the leader in providing the fuel for runners to achieve their goals, and we believe it's time that we bring the quickly emerging world of one-mile road races to Pittsburgh, our home town. To make that happen, we are proud to sponsor the inaugural GNC Liberty Mile and launch it in a way that we expect will immediately make it one of the nation's largest," stated, Jeff Hennion, EVP - Chief Marketing Officer & eCommerce at GNC. "The event will provide a racing venue for a wide spectrum of athletes ranging from highly competitive milers to those running in their first professional race. Whether you run competitively at a world class level or simply run around the block, this race is for you."The event will take place on August 17 at 7 p.m. on Liberty Avenue, from 17th street in the strip to 6th street, Downtown. Six one-mile heats will be held offering various opportunities such as raising money and giving corporations the chance to participate in a corporate wellness challenge. The heats include: One for Fun- Recreational mile for ages 5-100 years old.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV