Apple has not refreshed many of its Mac lineups in a year or more, so many are expecting several of the lines to get an update at the conference next week.
Apple reportedly is going to announce a new 15-inch MacBook Pro, which may feature Retina Display, support third-generation USB, have a design similar to the MacBook Air, and sport no optical drive.The MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, and Mac Pro may also receive updates, wrote Sterne Agee's Wu. He believes these lines will be upgraded with Intel's (INTC) Ivy Bridge microprocessors, "which brings more performance per watt and enhanced graphics." Sales of Macs showed weakness in the company's fiscal second quarter ended in March, according to Barclays Capital analyst Ben Reitzes, with Apple selling 4 million Macs during the quarter. He expects it to increase as Apple refreshes the lines and adds more features. "We believe innovations, new software, more NAND options and more attractive pricing could catalyze sales - with the potential to double the run rate sales of portables at Apple within a few quarters," Reitzes wrote in a research report. He rates Apple at overweight with a $750 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV