I like to buy stocks that have at least 80%-100% upside potential over the next five years. Cirrus obviously meets these criteria with flying colors. In fact, Cirrus earns a value grade of "A-." Also, I like five-year target prices. I explained the reason why in my Apple article mentioned above. It helps investors keep their eyes on down the road instead of looking their hood ornament. Cirrus is a good example of a stock that has both performance and value at the current time. When I add these two together, I come up with a stock that earns a current overall grade of "A" and is ranked number 24 out of 2,787 stocks overall.
Just because Cirrus has both performance and value right now, this is still not a guarantee that this will turn into a money maker for you. It does put the probabilities in your favor, however. Once I buy a stock, I look at the chart every day. I look at the stocks overall ranking every day. I like to stay in stocks that remain within the top 200 or maintain an overall grade of "A-" or better. As long as that stock continues in a nice uptrend and keeps its grade of "A-" or better, I stay with it. Hopefully this will be all the way up $57 per share.
Oh yeah, one last thing, the stock also has a very good chart right now:At the time of publication, Bill Gunderson was long DLTR, AAPL, CRUS, AZO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV