Valley National Bancorp
Polini lowered his rating for Valley National Bancorp (VLY) of Wayne, N.J., to "Market Perform" from "Outperform," while lowering his 2012 earnings estimate by two cents to 72 cents a share, and his 2013 EPS estimate to 70 cents from 76 cents.
Valley National's shares closed at $10.65 Tuesday, declining 8% year-to-date, following a 4% decline during 2011. The shares trade for 2.1 times tangible book value, and for 14 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of 78 cents. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is 73 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of 16 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 6.01%. The company earned 18 cents a share during the first quarter, for a rather high dividend payout ratio.Polini said that "despite a very strong balance sheet, the outlook for EPS growth is below average due to the very low interest rate environment and weak recovery." Interested in more on Valley National Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV