Raymond James analyst David Long lowered his rating for UMB Financial (UMBF) of Kansas City, Mo., to "Underperform" from "Market Perform," while lowering his 2012 EPS estimate to $2.72 from $2.76, and his 2013 EPS estimate to $2.93 from $2.98.
UMB's shares closed at $44.49 Tuesday, returning 20% year-to-date, after an 8% decline during 2011. The shares trade for twice their tangible book value, and for 14 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $3.15. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $3.24.
Long cut his rating for the shares after they "substantially outperformed its peers over the last three months," adding that "we believe revenue expectations are too high for the second half of 2012 given pressure on its NIM and trust and securities processing fees."Interested in more on UMB Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV