Raymond James analyst Michael Rose lowered his rating for IberiaBank Corp. (IBKC) of Lafayette, La., to "Outperform" from "Strong Buy," while lowering his price target for the shares to $55 from $60, and cutting his 2012 EPS estimate by three cents to $2.72 and his 2013 EPS estimate by 15 cents to $3.10.
IberiaBank's shares closed at $45.86 Tuesday, down 6% year-to-date, following a 14% decline last year. The shares trade for 1.2 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $37.23, and for 14.5 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $3.17. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.70.
Based on a 34-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.97%. With first-quarter earnings of 66 cents a share, the dividend payout ratio was 52%.Rose said that although he continues to "view the fundamental story positively, a reduction in EPS estimates /price target renders a less attractive risk/reward given uncertainty around expenses, a lower NIM, and slower (but still robust) loan growth." The analyst's $55 price target for IBeriaBank "assumes IBKC shares trade at 1.4x our 1Q13E tangible book value estimate of $39.75, in line with the southeast & southwest peer median." Interested in more on IberiaBank Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV