Raymond James analyst Michael Rose lowered his rating for IberiaBank Corp. (IBKC) of Lafayette, La., to "Outperform" from "Strong Buy," while lowering his price target for the shares to $55 from $60, and cutting his 2012 EPS estimate by three cents to $2.72 and his 2013 EPS estimate by 15 cents to $3.10.
IberiaBank's shares closed at $45.86 Tuesday, down 6% year-to-date, following a 14% decline last year. The shares trade for 1.2 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $37.23, and for 14.5 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $3.17. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.70.
Based on a 34-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.97%. With first-quarter earnings of 66 cents a share, the dividend payout ratio was 52%.Rose said that although he continues to "view the fundamental story positively, a reduction in EPS estimates /price target renders a less attractive risk/reward given uncertainty around expenses, a lower NIM, and slower (but still robust) loan growth." The analyst's $55 price target for IBeriaBank "assumes IBKC shares trade at 1.4x our 1Q13E tangible book value estimate of $39.75, in line with the southeast & southwest peer median." Interested in more on IberiaBank Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV