Dime Community Bancshares
Polini lowered his rating for Dime Community Bancshares (DCOM) of Brooklyn, N.Y., to "Underperform" from "Market Perform," while leaving his 2012 EPS estimate of $1.20 and his 2013 EPS estimate of $1.15, unchanged.
Dime's shares closed at $12.68 Tuesday, returning 3% year-to-date, after declining 10% during 2011. The shares trade for 1.4 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $9.15, and for 11 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $1.19. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.20.
Polini said that Dime's "superior credit quality and balance sheet strength will likely take a back seat to a relatively weak outlook for EPS growth and a relatively high valuation."Based on a 14-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.42%. Dime Community Bancshares was featured on Wednesday as one of five buy-rated bank stocks with attractive dividends that were relatively safe, with the companies paying out less than half of their first-quarter earnings. Interested in more on Dime Community Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV