DUBLIN, Ohio, June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At the Society of Nuclear Medicine's 59th Annual Meeting in Miami Beach, Fla., June 9-12, visitors to the Cardinal Health booth #1221 can learn more about how the company's industry advocacy and inventive radiopharmaceutical solutions help nuclear medicine departments deliver exceptional care that leads to better outcomes for patients.
The company is also inviting attendees to stop by its booth to help create a unique pushpin mural for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida. The company will make a contribution for every pushpin an SNM attendee adds to the mural, for a total donation of $5,000.
Visitors to Cardinal Health booth #1221 at SNM 2012 can also learn more about:
- How Cardinal Health is advancing the cause of nuclear medicine through advocacy, education, innovation and clinical trial support. Cardinal Health works at a local and national level to advocate on industry issues that directly impact its customers' ability to deliver exceptional care to patients. Visitors to the booth can learn more about the company's advocacy on issues ranging from fair reimbursement and insurance coverage for imaging procedures to expanding the appropriate use of molecular imaging to diagnose and treat illness. The Cardinal Health booth will also provide 2012 SNM attendees with a glimpse into the exciting work that is taking place at the Center for the Advancement of Molecular Imaging in Phoenix, Ariz., where the company partners with researchers, academics and innovators to help bring new SPECT and PET radiopharmaceuticals to market – creating new opportunities to help nuclear medicine professionals serve larger patient populations.Booth visitors can also learn more about Cardinal Health's support of industry groups such as the SNM, the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC), the Medical Imaging Technology Alliance (MITA) and the Council on Radionuclides and Radiopharmaceuticals (CORAR). Visitors can also hear about its volunteer, fundraising and patient education support for the Alzheimer's Association and the American Heart Association.
- How Cardinal Health's safety and compliance tools help create a safer environment for patients and staff alike. The company will showcase its safety products that are designed to reduce the risk of needlesticks and exposure to bloodborne pathogens, as well as its innovative tools that help clinicians minimize unnecessary radiation exposure. Booth visitors can also find out more about the resources Cardinal Health offers to help nuclear medicine professionals stay informed about safety and compliance issues.
- How Cardinal Health helps customers improve efficiency by integrating technology, information and processes to free up time for patient care. Cardinal Health booth visitors can engage in an interactive touch screen experience to learn how the seamless integration of Syntrac ™ Integration Tools with Cardinal Health Web Ordering and their Health Information System (HIS) can facilitate greater efficiency in scheduling, ordering and inventory receiving processes, while helping their facilities optimize resources.
"Every day, we're privileged to provide our customers with relevant, inventive solutions that help them work more confidently, responsibly and efficiently so they can ultimately deliver better outcomes for their patients," said John Rademacher, president of Cardinal Health's Nuclear Pharmacy Services business. "We look forward to SNM each year, because this event gives us a great opportunity to talk with our customers and fellow imaging industry experts and advocates about how we can work together to make possibilities possible for patients."About Cardinal Health Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products to more than 60,000 locations each day. The company is also a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company supports the growing diagnostic industry by supplying medical products to clinical laboratories and operating the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #21 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs more than 30,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at cardinalhealth.com and @CardinalHealth on Twitter. SOURCE Cardinal Health
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV