TYSONS CORNER, Va., June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that its Social Media Marketing iCommerce Summit (SMICS) will be held July 10-11 at the Amsterdam RAI International Convention Center and will run adjacent to MicroStrategy World 2012 Amsterdam.
SMICS attendees will have an exclusive opportunity to learn about innovative technologies from MicroStrategy in Social Intelligence and hear the views and experiences of industry luminaries at the cutting-edge of social media monetization. Digital strategists will share their perspectives on the future of social media and commerce, with a focus on how companies can best compete for consumer attention and relevance. Featured guest speakers include:
- Michael Saylor, MicroStrategy Chairman and CEO, and author of the forthcoming "The Mobile Wave." Saylor will discuss how the current generation of mobile smartphones and tablet computers has set the stage to become the universal computing platform for the world, and how products, businesses, industries, economies, and society may be altered forever as the mobile wave washes over us and changes the digital landscape.
- Brian Solis, world-renowned digital thought-leader and author of "The End of the Business as Usual." Solis will address the confluence of disruptive technology and the evolution of consumer behavior in his address "The End of Business as Usual and the Beginning of a New Era of Relevance."
- Scott Galloway, Clinical Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern School of Business and founder of L2, a think tank for digital innovation. Galloway will explore key trends in media consumption, demographics, emerging platforms and their cumulative effect of business: specifically, who benefits from the shift and who is on the wrong side of this tectonic shift (i.e., the losers)?
- Martha Rodgers, Ph.D., author and founding partner of Peppers & Rodgers. Rodgers will discuss what social networking really means for your company and your brand.
- Andreas Trautmann, McCann Worldgroup Germany CEO, and Matias Palm Jensen, McCann-Erickson Europe Chief Innovation Office. Both will discuss today's marketing landscape, the challenges with managing meaningful customer relationships, and how companies can use social media data as a base for smarter insights.
- Michael Buck, Executive Director, Globales Online Marketing, DELL; Professor Peter Gentsch, Business Intelligence Group; Dr. Ralf T. Kreutzer, Berlin School of Economics and Law; and many more.
"MicroStrategy is excited to be hosting SMICS, the second annual summit of its kind where companies can immerse themselves in the lucrative opportunities and meaningful connections that social media networks present," said Karl-Heinz Land, Chief Evangelist and SVP Social iCommerce at MicroStrategy. "SMICS will educate companies on the value of social CRM and social commerce, present cutting-edge strategies for connecting brands to their consumers via social media, and explore how companies can set their sights on social media, social commerce and the future of television and social TV."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV