SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced that it has expanded its relationship with Tokyo Electron Device (TED), a value added technology distribution company offering and supporting Extreme Networks® products and services in Japan. TED is working with Extreme Networks to establish a dedicated team of employees focused on providing Extreme Networks high performance networking to enterprise customers.
Extreme Networks product portfolio includes enterprise campus switches, network management and enterprise mobility solutions featuring 802.11 wireless LAN controllers and access points. TED continues to offer Extreme Networks award-winning BlackDiamond® and Summit® switching platforms featuring the ExtremeXOS® modular operating system.
To enable organizations to build intelligent, scalable and converged network infrastructures supporting mobility at the edge, core networking and HPC infrastructures for national laboratories, universities, gaming and streaming video services, TED offers a full range of services and support including storage, networking and security solutions.
"By working with Extreme Networks, we can offer our customers a full range of services and support in Japan, and can build a secured and converged network infrastructure," said Vic Amano, Tokyo Electron Device VP & GM CN Business. "We have been an Extreme Networks distributor for 14 years, and during that time have developed a strong and successful relationship with Extreme Networks. We are excited to expand our relationship to include dedicated headcount focused on providing Extreme Networks leading products to our customers.""Extreme Networks is delighted to be partnered with a highly valued integrator that has an excellent reputation in the Japanese marketplace," said Theresa Caragol, vice president of worldwide channels for Extreme Networks. "By working with Tokyo Electron Device, we can offer our customers cost-effective and high performance network solutions as they transition to mobility and cloud data centers," said David Ginsburg, CMO for Extreme Networks. "Tokyo Electron Device is a highly respected name with proven expertise in designing and delivering networks to fit a wide range of needs. We are excited about the new focus Tokyo Electron Device will bring to increase our product sales in Japan." Benefits of Extreme Networks:
- Intelligent Mobile Edge solutions address mobility with identity management to provide performance, policy-based control and increased network visibility.
- Extreme Networks mobility solutions incorporate fast 802.11n wireless technology from Motorola with optimized traffic flows for increased performance and RF coverage.
- Extreme Networks modular operating system, ExtremeXOS, offers a consistent operating system with rich features and eased operations from core to edge.
- The Open Fabric promotes dense 10 and 40 GbE switching with open standards including M-LAG and Data Center Bridging (DCB).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts