Constellation Energy Partners LLC Stock Downgraded (CEP)
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.42 million or 82.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- CEP's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 26.45%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CONSTELLATION ENERGY PRTNRS's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.46, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CEP's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.87 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- CONSTELLATION ENERGY PRTNRS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, CONSTELLATION ENERGY PRTNRS turned its bottom line around by earning $0.81 versus -$11.31 in the prior year.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.