SAO PAULO, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Marfrig Alimentos S.A. ("Marfrig" - Bovespa: MRFG3; Level 1 ADR: MRTTY) and BRF - Brasil Foods S.A. ("BRF" - Bovespa: BRFS3; NYSE: BRFS) announce to the market and their shareholders the start of the execution of the Asset Swap Agreement and Other Covenants ("Agreement") entered into between the Companies on March 20, 2012 and the opinion issued by Brazil's antirust authority ( Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Economica) on May 23, 2012 , with the transfer from BRF to Marfrig of the industrial units located in Duque de Caxias (RJ) and Lajes (SC) and of the Distribution Centers located in Salvador (BA), Campinas (SP), Brasilia (DF) and Sao Jose dos Pinhais (PR). Approximately 3,800 employees were integrated and the processes and production information systems were connected to the management system of Seara Foods.
At the Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting held on May 31, 2012, the shareholders of Quickfood S.A. approved, by unanimous vote, the segregation of certain meatpacking assets that were not included in the swap transaction, making Quickfood S.A. free to be transferred to BRF. Additionally, on June 1, 2012, Quickfood began to be managed by BRF, with the complete segregation of the information systems.
The Companies will maintain the market informed of each new stage accomplished in the transaction.
SOURCE BRF - Brasil Foods S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV