NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet Ratings uses a point-based system to assign letter grades to stocks. The cream of the crop -- those that receive a perfect 100 -- are given an "A+" and represent a small percentage of the stocks that we cover (currently, 84 out of more than 5,000 issues).
Browsing this list, you'll discover a common thread between many of these stocks: Most of them pay dividends.
|Special Section for Income Investors >>|
That's because TheStreet Ratings stock-rating model favors defensive investments with a bias toward conservatively financed companies that have demonstrated a history of favorable shareholder returns. And as history proves, dividends account for a large portion of the average investors' total stock market return.
The five stocks on the following pages are among the highest-rated stocks that we cover, and they all pay dividends in excess of the 30-year U.S. Treasury bond. They might make an attractive addition to your income portfolio.As always, stock ratings should not be treated as gospel -- rather, use them as a starting point for your own research.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV