PG&E Corp (PCG): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
PG&E (PCG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, PG&E fell 42 cents (-1%) to $43.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.30-$43.71 after having opened the day at $43.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.80. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: U.S. Geothermal (HTM), down 7.7%, Ellomay Capital (ELLO), down 4.7%, China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), down 3.1%, and GreenHunter Energy (GRH), down 3%. PG&E Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a public utility company in northern and central California. PG&E has a market cap of $18.42 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.2, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate PG&E a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PG&E as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV