WebMD Health Corporation (WBMD) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, WebMD Health Corporation fell 21 cents (-0.9%) to $22.41 on light volume. Throughout the day, 282,110 shares of WebMD Health Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 588,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.38-$22.62 after having opened the day at $22.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.62. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Hoku (HOKU), down 19.5%, Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), down 18.6%, Ambient Corporation (AMBT), down 14.8%, and Remark Media (MARK), down 13.5%. WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians and other healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through its public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications in the United States. WebMD Health Corporation has a market cap of $1.16 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.8, above the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 28.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 39.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate WebMD Health Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates WebMD Health Corporation as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its expanding profit margins over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full WebMD Health Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WBMD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV