KKR & Co LP (KKR): Today's Featured Financial Services Loser
KKR (KKR) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, KKR fell 6 cents (-0.5%) to $11.75 on light volume. Throughout the day, 529,555 shares of KKR exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $11.75-$12.03 after having opened the day at $11.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.81. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 8.7%, Dominion Resources Black Warrior (DOM), down 7.6%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation (SMCG), down 3.9%, and North European Oil Royalty (NRT), down 3.8%. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. is a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, special situations, growth equity, mature, and middle market investments. KKR has a market cap of $2.73 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 195.7, above the average financial services industry P/E ratio of 117.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate KKR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates KKR as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full KKR Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV