Cullen Frost Bankers (CFR) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Cullen Frost Bankers fell 36 cents (-0.7%) to $54.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 552,851 shares of Cullen Frost Bankers exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 556,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.22-$55.13 after having opened the day at $54.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.60. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Carver Bancorp (CARV), down 11.5%, Crescent Financial (CRFN), down 10.7%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation (AMPL), down 8.7%, and WSB Holdings (WSB), down 8.7%. Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. operates as the holding company for The Frost National Bank that offers commercial and consumer banking, and other financial products and services primarily in Texas. Cullen Frost Bankers has a market cap of $3.38 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Cullen Frost Bankers a buy, three analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cullen Frost Bankers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Cullen Frost Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CFR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV