Warnaco Group Inc. (WRC): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Warnaco Group (WRC) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Warnaco Group fell 35 cents (-0.8%) to $42.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Warnaco Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 783,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.08-$43 after having opened the day at $42.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.72. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Exceed Company (EDS), down 26.6%, Quiksilver (ZQK), down 6.2%, Coldwater Creek (CWTR), down 5.7%, and Heelys (HLYS), down 5.2%. The Warnaco Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, sources, markets, licenses, and distributes a line of intimate apparel, sportswear, and swimwear products. Warnaco Group has a market cap of $1.74 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Warnaco Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Warnaco Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Warnaco Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV