Brocade Communications Systems Inc (BRCD): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Loser
Brocade Communications Systems (BRCD) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Brocade Communications Systems fell 10 cents (-2.2%) to $4.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12.6 million shares of Brocade Communications Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.18-$4.48 after having opened the day at $4.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.51. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Lantronix (LTRX), down 6.1%, Network Equipment Technologies (NWK), down 4.9%, Socket Mobile (SCKT), down 4.2%, and SMART Technologies (SMT), down 3.5%. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. engages in the supply of Internet protocol based Ethernet networking solutions and storage area networking (SAN) solutions. Brocade Communications Systems has a market cap of $2.05 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.3, below the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 23.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Brocade Communications Systems a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 20 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Brocade Communications Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Brocade Communications Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV