Whole Foods Market (WFM) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Whole Foods Market rose $1.84 (2.1%) to $88.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Whole Foods Market exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.18-$88.71 after having opened the day at $86.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.55. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: General Employment (JOB), up 50%, China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), up 33.3%, MakeMyTrip (MMYT), up 21.3%, and Document Security Systems (DSS), up 21.3%. Whole Foods Market, Inc. engages in the ownership and operation of natural and organic food supermarkets. The company offers produce, seafood, grocery, meat and poultry, bakery, prepared foods and catering, coffee and tea, nutritional supplements, and vitamins. Whole Foods Market has a market cap of $15.73 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 38.9, above the average retail industry P/E ratio of 38.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Whole Foods Market a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Whole Foods Market as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Whole Foods Market Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WFM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV