Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev (ABV) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev rose 36 cents (1%) to $35.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.4 million shares of Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.68-$36.23 after having opened the day at $35.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.59. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Westport Innovations (WPRT), up 21.3%, Reeds (REED), up 17.9%, ATC Venture Group (ATC), up 15%, and Champion Industries (CHMP), up 11.6%. Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev engages in the production, distribution, and sale of beer, draft beer, carbonated soft drinks, malt, and other non-alcoholic and non-carbonated products in the Americas. It also sells bottled water, isotonics, and ready-to-drink teas. Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev has a market cap of $112.53 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 103.6, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 23.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ABV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV