HOUSTON, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MRC Global Inc. (NYSE: MRC) today announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire the majority of the operating assets of Cherokee, Oklahoma based Chaparral Supply, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of SandRidge Energy, Inc (NYSE:SD). Chaparral Supply provides pipe, valve and fitting (PVF) products and oilfield supplies to its parent organization, SandRidge Energy. MRC plans to merge Chaparral's employees and certain inventories and other assets with the Company's existing Alva, Oklahoma service location. The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed in June 2012.
Additionally, as part of the acquisition, MRC and SandRidge Energy have agreed to enter into a supply agreement whereby MRC will serve as the primary pipe, valve and fitting (PVF) product and oilfield supply distributor to SandRidge's operations in Oklahoma and Kansas.
"We are very pleased with the confidence that SandRidge Energy has shown in MRC," stated MRC COO – North America James Underhill. "We look forward to providing value to their operations through our global purchasing strength, efficient processes and local service capabilities in the rapidly growing and strategically important Mississippian Lime formation."
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, MRC, a Fortune 500 company, is the largest global distributor of pipe, valve, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry, based on sales, and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors. More information about MRC can be found at www.mrcpvf.com. Contacts: Will James, Vice PresidentCorporate Development & Investor Relations firstname.lastname@example.org Ken Dennard, Managing Partner Dennard Rupp Gray & Lascar, LLC email@example.com SOURCE MRC Global Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV